Re: ready for another patch

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ready for another patch
Date: 2009-07-25 20:44:36
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Jeff Davis<pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
> Maybe it would be useful if the application could highlight anything
> where it's "waiting for review" or "waiting for author" for more than a
> few days. If good progress is being made, the timer could be reset. If
> not, you can assign another reviewer or bounce the patch to the next
> commitfest, respectively.
>
> That's just an idea to help track the information a little better, it
> doesn't solve the underlying problem.

Yes - this is pretty much what I've been doing manually. The problem
is that this is a bit circular. If people don't review patches, then
that patch is stuck in limbo AND that reviewer is not available to
assign to another patch that might be thereby dislodged from limbo.
Also the fire has died down a little bit: not everyone who volunteered
to review a first patch has come back and asked for a second or third
one.

...Robert