Re: explain refactoring v4

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: explain refactoring v4
Date: 2009-07-24 21:15:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> OK, here it is again.  Changes are the same as the previous version,
>> but this one should apply cleanly after today's pgindent run.
>
> Applied with some minor editorialization/further cleanup.

Thanks. I mostly finished the rework of the generic options patch
last night, but I was so sleepy that I couldn't stay up long enough to
fully test it. I'll try to get that out tonight, or at the latest
tomorrow. Hopefully your minor editorialization and further cleanup
won't create too many merge conflicts.

> I left the "Subquery Scan on ss" business as-is.  If anyone complains
> it would be an easy thing to suppress the "on", but it'd be ugly, and
> I'm not convinced anyone will care.  It's not like it's the first time
> we ever changed the output of EXPLAIN ...

Fine with me either way.

...Robert