Re: information_schema.columns changes needed for OLEDB

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Konstantin Izmailov <kizmailov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: information_schema.columns changes needed for OLEDB
Date: 2009-06-01 02:57:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I'd prefer to avoid a catversion bump at this stage of the cycle,
> but it looks like any changes here would merely involve the bodies of
> some functions in information_schema.sql.  I think we could just change
> them without a catversion bump.  Any beta testers who actually care
> could easily insert the new definitions without an initdb.

Is this a regression relative to 8.3? If not, why not leave it for
8.5? It seems a little bit late in the game to be messing with this.
I admit I don't have any particular reason to think it will break
anything, but there are other minor patches floating around that meet
that criteria too, so if this one then why not those?

...Robert