Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "M(dot) Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb(at)cesmail(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Date: 2009-01-12 03:08:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Where you *will* have some major OS risk is with testing-level software
> or "bleeding edge" Linux distros like Fedora. Quite frankly, I don't
> know why people run Fedora servers -- if it's Red Hat compatibility you
> want, there's CentOS.

I've had no stability problems with Fedora. The worst experience I've
had with that distribution is that half the time the CD-burning
utilities seem to be flaky. As for why that and not CentOS... I like
having modern versions of all of my packages. 5 years is a long time
to get nothing but bugfixes.

...Robert