Re: Updated posix fadvise patch v19

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated posix fadvise patch v19
Date: 2008-11-18 14:07:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> For the FIXMEs I don't have any problem leaving them in place. They're
> warnings to future coders working in the same area of what they may have to do
> to make the code more general.

That's fine with me. I think it's fine to document possibilities for
future development, but sometimes it's hard to tell between which such
things the patch author intends to be committed and which he or she
intends to fix before commit. Maybe FIXME is just a noise word,
though: there are other places in the code where we document things
that might be related or need to be changed without using that word.
I don't care very much, though.

Looking forward to v20.

...Robert