Re: Please make sure your patches are on the wiki page

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please make sure your patches are on the wiki page
Date: 2008-10-30 13:48:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> (1) moving all of the patches committed prior to 11/1 to a separate
>> section or page
>
> Why?

To reduce clutter, but I don't feel strongly about it.

>> (2) sorting the pending patches by complexity or subject matter
>
> Sorting them by complexity would be great, if I thought I could do it. I'm
> not sure I can.

I think the biggest patches for this commitfest are SEPostgresql,
Simon Riggs' work on hot standby (which is not on the commitfest page
yet and probably supersedes some of the earlier patches that are still
on there), window functions, DDL lock strength reduction (not sure how
big it is but I would guess it probably has to be reviewed by -core),
parallel restore, and maybe grouping sets (though it seems like that
is a ways from being committable). I agree with Tom that it would
probably be good to try to get these (and any other big ones that I
may have missed) reviewed by core early and committed or feedback
given quickly. It may require some of the other patches to be
resnapped to head but that is probably the lesser of two evils.

One other random note - I don't believe there has been a new version
of the column-level permissions patch that Stephen Frost was working
on since the last commitfest. Unless someone disagrees with Markus
Wanner's conclusion that it wasn't ready for commit at that point,
this one can probably be bounced from the get-go.

...Robert