Re: recursive query crash

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Postgres <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: recursive query crash
Date: 2008-10-12 12:28:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If we were to flatten it to a plain "select * from z" then maybe things
> would work all right, but the present implementation treats both WITH
> clauses as equally requiring single evaluation.

Surely it should be a single evaluation for each time that branch of
the upper WITH is recursively evaluated? I can't think what the
semantics are otherwise. a is a function of z, so you can't change
the definition of z and pretend like it's OK that a still has the same
contents as before.

...Robert