Re: postgressql.org

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgressql.org
Date: 2004-12-13 16:35:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de (Christoph Haller) writes:
> Has anybody accidentally hit this "postgressql.org"?
> I did.
>
> I don't know if freeloader is the correct english term for the
> german "Trittbrettfahrer", but that's what it looks like.

This is pretty common; people "speculatively" grab domain names
involving misspellings of more-or-less prominent domain names in the
hopes that someone will offer them money for the domain.

Probably the best known one where you get _wildly_ unexpected results
is if you were to visit "whitehouse.com" expecting to get information
about the US White House (home of the US president), instead of
"whitehouse.gov", its actual address.

"postgressql.org" seems of pretty dubious value; I wouldn't worry too
much about it.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>