crypting prosrc in pg_proc

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: crypting prosrc in pg_proc
Date: 2007-08-09 13:39:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hello everybody,

one of our customers wants to store the code of interpreted
procedures (PL/pgSQL, PL/Perl) and so in an encrypted way.
so the idea we had to add one more column to pg_proc telling us
whether prosrc is encrypted or not. people could chose then whether
to crypt codes there or not (speed of decryption can be an issue).

should not be hard to implement ...

what do people think about this feature?

many thanks,

hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde & Schönig GmbH