Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, I know) forPQexecf()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, I know) forPQexecf()
Date: 2007-03-31 15:46:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

<korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> 2) It's important to get the interface into a near-future release so
> that client applications can start using it soon.

It's important to get the *right* interface into the first release
that has it. The day before feature freeze is way too late for
blue-sky design IMHO.

I note that the nominal schedule
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap
says that all major proposals should have been made and reviewed at
least a month ago. While we're still busy resolving details for a
lot of things, I don't believe there is anything currently under
serious consideration that hadn't at least been talked about before
the beginning of March.