Re: Commitfest manager 2020-11

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: gkokolatos(at)pm(dot)me, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest manager 2020-11
Date: 2020-10-16 18:04:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 24.08.2020 16:08, gkokolatos(at)pm(dot)me wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Admittedly quite ahead of time, I would like to volunteer as Commitfest manager for 2020-11.
>
> If the role is not filled and there are no objections, I can reach out again in October for confirmation.
>
> //Georgios

Wow, that was well in advance) I am willing to assist if you need any help.

I was looking for this message, to find out who is the current CFM.
Apparently, the November commitfest is not in progress yet.

Still, I have a question. Should we also maintain statuses of the
patches in the "Open" commitfest? 21 patches were already committed
during this CF, which shows that even "open" CF is quite active. I've
updated a few patches, that were sent by my colleagues. If there are no
objections, I can do that for other entries too.

On the other hand, I noticed a lot of stall threads, that weren't
updated in months. Some of them seem to pass several CFs without any
activity at all. I believe that it is wrong for many reasons, the major
of which IMHO is a frustration of the authors. Can we come up with
something to impove this situation?

P.S. I have a few more ideas about the CF management. I suppose, that
they are usually being discussed at pgcon meetings, but those won't
happen anytime soon. Is there a special place for such discussions, or I
may continue this thread?

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company