Re: Oracle purchases Sleepycat - is this the "other shoe" for MySQL AB?

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle purchases Sleepycat - is this the "other shoe" for MySQL AB?
Date: 2006-02-14 19:19:56
Lists: pgsql-general

merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
> Oracle purchases Sleepycat. From what I understand, BerkeleyDB was the
> "other" way that MySQL could have transactions if Oracle decided to
> restrict InnoDB tables (after purchasing Innobase last year).
>
> Does this mean the other shoe has dropped for MySQL AB?

This assumes that the MySQL AB plan was to have the "new transaction
engine" be based on Sleepycat DB.

There was certainly plenty of speculation that assumed that, but I
don't recall seeing anything actually said by principals of MySQL AB
to that effect...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ntlug.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/finances.html