Re: Request for comment: pgjson project

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Terry Laurenzo <tj(at)laurenzo(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request for comment: pgjson project
Date: 2010-10-16 13:44:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Terry Laurenzo <tj(at)laurenzo(dot)org> writes:
> I'm a long-time postgres user but have never developed any extensions for
> it. I had some time over the past week and decided to tackle a project I've
> had on my list for a while: adding robust JSON capabilities to the database
> server.

Hm, are you aware that there's already work going on in that area?
There are two relevant patches in the queue at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=7

Perhaps you should join forces with those folk instead of starting an
independent effort. I don't believe that anyone thinks those patches
are set in stone yet, so design ideas are still welcome.