Job Posting for Postgresql DBA Position

From: Christina Bailey <christina(dot)bailey(at)reply-corp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Job Posting for Postgresql DBA Position
Date: 2011-08-29 22:46:59
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Good Afternoon,

I would like to post for a Postgresql DBA position on your site. I will
include the job description below, please let me know if additional
information is needed.
------------------------------

Reply.com, the leading online auction marketplace for locally-targeted
marketing, is seeking a Postgresql DBA to work in a fast paced environment.
Ideal candidates must be enthused about database administration, quick
learning and self starting. This is a demanding role that will require
hands-on experience with database management, Linux, hardware, networking
and security. You will be responsible for the day to day operation of
Reply.com including maintain of databases for corporate and development
environments. We are seeking a candidate with good skills in database
tuning, maintenance, PSQL and Linux who is passionate about database
administration. This position is 24 x 7 and includes production support.

Skills: Ubuntu, Performance Tuning, Replication and NOSQL. Significant
opportunity to work with MySQL and SQL Server.

Responsibilities:
•Work with senior DBA on database design and implementation enhancements
•Primary on day to day schema changes and database maintenance
•Help developers to optimize queries, stored procedure and database design
•Assists in developing and implementing best practices for DR and Backups
•Assists in evaluating and selecting equipment, services and vendors
•Assist in Defining and implementing maintenance plan for the database
systems

Requirements:

•Solid understanding of database design principals
•Minimum 1 year experience with Postgresql 8.3, 8.4
•Solid understanding of query execution plans
•Good SQL scripts skill including SPs, PSQL scripting
•Good performance tuning skills
•Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database
systems issues.
•Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including
planning, testing, backup/restore
•Experience in replication, Slony is a plus
•Hands-on experience on database administration, backup recovery and
troubleshooting in co-location environments
•Problem-solving skills
•Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
•Bachelor's degree
•Prior experience with Internet Companies is a plus

Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include:

•A willingness to learn, a flexibility to adapt, an appetite for risk:
Reply.com needs someone who can work within a team structure yet is
open-minded and crazy enough to be innovative.
•High competitive metabolism and strong work ethic: this position is at the
center of Reply!'s business. Our challenge is not to find a revenue model
that works having established the winning strategy we need people who can
help us execute. . . so we can't go home at night wondering if our
competitors want it more than we do.
•Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, a service approach to
leadership, a history of respect for all colleagues and intolerance for
politics.

Reply! Media offers a comfortable and fun atmosphere where learning and
initiative are valued.

Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
christina(dot)bailey(at)reply-corp(dot)com, with the following information:

1. Years of relevant experience
2. Expected salary
3. Availability/potential start date
------------------------------

Thanks,

*Christina Bailey*

*Human Resource Assistant*

* *

[E] *christina(dot)bailey(at)reply-corp(dot)com*

[P] 925.983.3380

[F] 925.983.3522

* *

*Reply! Inc.*