pg_restore recovery from error.

From: Chris Bowlby <chris(at)pgsql(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_restore recovery from error.
Date: 2004-06-15 16:55:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I've been attempting to recover some data from a data file that was
dumped and compressed using pg_dump. I've noticed that the pg_restore
application was supposed to have some work put into place to help it
continue of it ran into an error, but I've run into an issue here it is not
continuing past an error that I'm getting:

pg_restore: restoring data for table "test_opens"
pg_restore: restoring data for table "test_unsubs"
pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not read data block -- expected 4096,
got 3870
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

It appears some of the data itself is not readable, which is fine, but
I'd like it to skip past this table and move onto the next one. Has anyone
got any ideas as to where I should look for that?