Re: [OFF-TOPIC] - Known maximum size of the

From: Don Vaillancourt <donv(at)webimpact(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [OFF-TOPIC] - Known maximum size of the
Date: 2004-05-06 13:47:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-performance

Here's a question a little off-topic.

What would a 32TB database hardware configuration look like. I'm assuming
200GB hard-drives which would total 160 of them. Double that if you mirror
them.

Am I correct?

At 04:13 AM 06/05/2004, you wrote:

>>Didn't someone say that RedSheriff had a 10TB postgres database or something?
>
> From http://www.redsheriff.com/us/news/news_4_201.html
>
>"According to the company, RedSheriff processes 10 billion records a month
>and the total amount of data managed is more than 32TB. Griffin said
>PostgreSQL has been in production for 12 months with not a single database
>fault in that time "The stability of the database can not be questioned.
>Needless to say, we are extremely happy."
>
>I think it's safe to assume this is not on a spare Dell 600SC though.
>
>--
> Richard Huxton
> Archonet Ltd

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

WEB IMPACT INC.
416-815-2000 ext. 245
email: donv(at)webimpact(dot)com
web: http://www.webimpact.com

copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is