Re: postgres benchmarks

From: "Denis Lussier" <denisl(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Petronenko D(dot)S(dot)" <petronenko(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres benchmarks
Date: 2006-07-23 23:47:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

At EnterpriseDB we make extensive use of the OSDB's OLTP Benchmark. We
also use the Java based benchamrk called BenchmarkSQL from SourceForge.
Both of these benchmarks are update intensive OLTP tests that closely mimic
the Traqnsaction Processing COuncil's TPC-C benchmark.

Postgres also ships with pg_bench, which is a simpler OLTP benchmark that I
believe is similar to a TPC-B.

--Denis Lussier
CTO
http://www.enterprisedb.com