Re: ERROR: relation "default_cols" does not exist

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: "David Sadler" <david(at)dicapp(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: relation "default_cols" does not exist
Date: 2005-05-26 04:19:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

David,

On May 26, 2005, at 1:21 PM, David Sadler wrote:

> Where did the service install actally place the pgsql data folder that
> is holding the created databases?

The default is C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\data

> How do I logon directly to the test db using psql.exe without
> modifying its target path?

One option is to navigate to the postgresql bin directory and then
enter the psql command. Another is to add the bin directory to your
PATH variable.

> Why am I not able to select from the test db table I created with
> getting the
> ERROR: relation "default_cols" does not exist?

Connect via psql and enter the command \dt to see a list of tables in
the database. If it does not answer your question, show the output with
the error and ask again.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL