Get explain output of postgresql in Tables

From: "Akshat Nair" <akshat(dot)nair(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Date: 2006-03-23 05:30:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I read a post in the archives saying about storing explain output directly
into tables. Is this feature present in postgres now??
I have a software in which I need to display the explain output in a Tree
format, for which I need to parse the textual plan and get the relvant
information.
I have a parser written in java which does some work but its not completely
working. Can I get the grammar for the explain output? Or if someone has
some other idea please let me know.

Thanks

-Akshat