Re: Fix hints on CREATE PROCEDURE errors

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Jeremy Evans <code(at)jeremyevans(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix hints on CREATE PROCEDURE errors
Date: 2018-08-07 08:09:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

On 2018/08/07 3:32, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> When testing out CREATE PROCEDURE with 11 beta 2, I noticed, the hints
> in the errors reference DROP FUNCTION, which doesn't work for
> procedures.

Good catch.

> DROP ROUTINE works for both functions and procedures, so
> this patch should work for both.

Not sure if we should fix it the way your patch does, but it seems you
forgot to include changes to the expected output of some of the regression
tests affected by this patch. Attached updated patch includes those.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
drop-routine-in-HINT.patch text/plain 4.7 KB