Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode

From: Maksim Milyutin <m(dot)milyutin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode
Date: 2017-03-23 14:27:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

I have noticed that there is scheduled unlinking of nonexistent physical
storage under partitioned table when we execute DROP TABLE statement on
this partitioned table. Though this action doesn't generate any error
under typical behavior of postgres because the error of storage's lack
is caught through if-statement [1] I think it is not safe.

My patch fixes this issue.

1. src/backend/storage/smgr/md.c:1385

--
Maksim Milyutin
Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
exclude_unlinking_storage_for_partitioned_table.patch text/x-patch 519 bytes