Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences

From: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences
Date: 2023-01-15 06:11:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On 03.01.2023 at 01:00, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> Attached is a patch: contrib_v1.patch
>
> It modifies Appendix F, the contrib directory.

Review:

The patch applies cleanly (1334b79a35 - 2023-01-14 18:05:09 +0900).

It adds a brief explanatory part to the headers of all contrib modules
which I consider as very useful, especially when looking at the TOC in
contrib.html where currently newcomers would need to click through all
the links to even get an idea what the various modules do.
The explanatory parts added make sense to me, althogh I'm not an expert
in all the different contrib modules.

Appendix F. now reads as "Additional Supplied Modules and Extensions"
instead of "Appendix F. Additional Supplied Modules" which IMHO proprely
reflects what it is about. The original title probably comes from the
pre-extension-era.

There is also some minor rewording of sentences in contrib.sgml that in
general looks like an improvment to me.

In conclusion I cannot see why this patch should not be applied in it's
current form so I deem it ready for commiter.

Regards,
Brar