Re: Euro PG conference?

From: "Jean-Christophe Arnu" <jcarnu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Petr Jelinek" <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>, "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Hans-Juergen Schoenig" <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <andreas(at)scherbaum(dot)la>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Euro PG conference?
Date: 2007-10-09 21:18:27
Lists: pgeu-general

> O.k. but hold on, don't we have fairly significant resources not only
> in Italy but also Germany and France?

There is :)

> Paris may be expensive, but what about towns that are 45 minutes from
> Paris?

<Two_cents>
By plane or so?
If you mean, I think it would be possible to organize things in
Toulouse (Look at south and near Pyrenées). There is enough people
(including university and industrie (EADS/Airbus/French Meteo
Services/French and European Space Agency), local and national
representants for free software and PG).

I think it could be a great deal/challenge and I think we could get
lot of people involved.

You could get also healthy food and wine (even beer) here :) Just ask
about "canard gras" :)

Maybe a joke, maybe something that could be taken into account!
</Two_cents>

--
Jean-Christophe Arnu