Re: pg_amcheck contrib application

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_amcheck contrib application
Date: 2021-03-16 19:21:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/13/21 1:30 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2021-03-13 01:22:54 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
>> Oh, that's annoying.
> I suspect we could solve that by invoking changing our /usr/bin/prove
> invocation to instead be PERL /usr/bin/prove? That might be a good thing
> independent of this issue, because it's not unreasonable for a user to
> expect that we'd actually use the perl installation they configured...
>
> Although I do not know how prove determines the perl installation it's
> going to use for the test scripts...

There's a very good chance this would break msys builds, which are
configured to build against a pure native (i.e. non-msys) perl sucj as
AS or Strawberry, but need to run msys perl for TAP tests, so it gets
the paths right.

(Don't get me started on the madness that can result from managing this.
I've lost weeks of my life to it ... If you add cygwin into the mix and
you're trying to coordinate builds among three buildfarm animals it's a
major pain.)

cheers

andrew

--