Re: psql display of foreign keys

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql display of foreign keys
Date: 2019-03-25 11:04:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-03-23 03:30, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Thanks for the updated patch. I applied it and rebased the
>>> foreign-keys-referencing-partitioned-tables patch on top. Here's
>>> something I think you may have missed:
>>
>> I missed that indeed! Thanks for noticing. Here's an updated and
>> rebased version of this patch.
>
> I forgot to "git add" the new changes to the expected file. Here's v8
> with that fixed.

Looks OK in general.

relispartition was added in PG10, so the conditional in
describeOneTableDetails() seems wrong.

In the older branches of that same function, I'd prefer writing

false AS relispartition

for clarity.

Some of the other queries could also use some column aliases, like

conrelid = '%s'::pg_catalog.regclass AS isroot (?)

or

pg_catalog.pg_get_constraintdef(oid, true) AS condef

(as in the other branch).

A test case for the incoming foreign key display would be nice, as that
was the original argument for the patch.