PGDay NYC 2012 - Call for Papers + Registration

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGDay NYC 2012 - Call for Papers + Registration
Date: 2012-01-25 21:36:24
Lists: pgsql-announce

PGDay NYC 2012 will be held on April 2, 2012 at the Lighthouse International in New York City. PGDay NYC is an intensive one-day PostgreSQL symposium with technical sessions focusing on the core topics you need to succeed with PostgreSQL. It will cover topics for users, developers and contributors to PostgreSQL.

* Hear lessons learned from leading companies who use PostgreSQL.
* Meet face-to-face in the "hallway track" and make lasting connections.
* Engage the best and brightest in a lively job market.
* Interact with the fastest growing PostgreSQL User Group in the world.

PGDay NYC 2012 is hosted by NYCPUG and made possible through the generous support from our sponsors. For more information about the conference, please see the website at http://pgday.nycpug.org. Tickets are $150 and include food and beverages throughout the day. We strongly advise that you purchase your tickets early to ensure that you get a spot!

We are now accepting proposals for talks. Each session will last 50 minutes, and may be on any topic related to PostgreSQL. For a full list of topic suggestions please view http://pgday.nycpug.org/speakers

The submission deadline is February 27th, 2012. Selected speakers will be notified on March 2th, 2012. Please email your proposals to papers(at)nycpug(dot)org, including the following information:

* Name
* Company (if applicable)
* Biography (a paragraph about you and your involvement with PostgreSQL)
* Presentation title
* Presentation abstract

The proposals will be considered by committee who will produce a schedule to be published nearer the conference date. If your proposal has been accepted, you will be informed by email.

We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you in April!

The NYCPUG Team