Re: operator exclusion constraints

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: operator exclusion constraints
Date: 2009-11-14 16:45:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Nov 13, 2009, at 8:39 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> alter table foo add constraint bar exclude (a check with =, b check with =);

I've been meaning to comment on this syntax one more time; apologies for the bike-shedding. But I'm wondering if the "CHECK" is strictly necessary there, since the WITH seems adequate, and there was some discussion before about the CHECK keyword possibly causing confusion with check constraints.

Best,

David