Re: disabling OIDs?

From: "Mark Dexter" <MDEXTER(at)dexterchaney(dot)com>
To: <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: disabling OIDs?
Date: 2004-12-13 20:13:27
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know why they use OID's for cursors. But I do know that if you
run a trace the SQL that creates the cursor uses OID's,
so it doesn't work if the table is created without OID's. Also, if you
want to have updateable cursors against views (i.e., a view with rules
for INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE), you must name the OID and CTID as
columns in the view. Again, we learned this the hard way. Mark Dexter