sig 6 on postgres server

From: "Lee, Mija" <mija(at)scharp(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: sig 6 on postgres server
Date: 2009-03-03 01:02:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Folks:
Recently I had a postgres instance shut down & restart, and I'm trying
to understand why. I'm running 8.3.5 on solaris 10, with the data
directory on a netapp. The postgres log shows an error associated with
some of the critical application tables not existing, then it was unable
to write to the log, then a sigabrt. Not long after postgres recovered.
There were no errors in the application (other than yelling about not
having a database), no syslog errors on the zone, no errors on the
netapp, no known break in connectivity. I ran a vacuum analyze based on
one posting I saw on this list, and things seem fine.

My questions are
- any idea what happened? Are there other things I should check?
- what should I do to ensure there is no data corruption?

Related pg log entries...
cpas 2009-03-02 14:56:32 PSTERROR: relation "exp.domainproperty" does
not exist
cpas 2009-03-02 14:58:34 PSTPANIC: could not write to log file 93,
segment 240 at offset 9560064, length 8192: Interrupted system call
@- 2009-03-02 14:58:37 PSTLOG: server process (PID 19257) was
terminated by signal 6
@- 2009-03-02 14:58:37 PSTLOG: terminating any other active server
processes
cpas 2009-03-02 14:58:37 PSTWARNING: terminating connection because of
crash of another server process
Thanks for the help!
Mija

confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or
distribute this e-mail message or its attachments. If you believe you
have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender by