Re: Is Changing database Name possible ?

From: Melvin Davidson <mdavidson(at)trenstar(dot)com>
To: leoabhi <abhishekrm(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is Changing database Name possible ?
Date: 2008-04-08 12:54:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

Abhi,

1st., the word is Hello, not Hallo!

Next, PgAdmin does allow you to change the name, but you cannot have a current connection to that same database.

Steps to do this.
1. Right click the Databases branch and select refresh.
2. Click on database postgres and then open a Query window.
3. ALTER DATABASE "<OldName> " RENAME TO <new_name>;

Note that the Old Name MUST BE enclosed in quotes.