Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
Date: 2019-03-23 23:07:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/23/19 18:22, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, what further processing would you expect libxml to do?
>
> Hm, I'd have thought it'd try to parse the arguments to some extent,
> but maybe not. Does everybody reimplement attribute parsing for
> themselves when using PIs?

Yeah, the content of a PI (whatever's after the target name) is left
all to be defined by whatever XML-using application might care about
that PI.

It could have an attribute=value syntax inspired by XML elements, or
some other form entirely, but there'd just better not be any ?> in it.

Regards,
-Chap