Re: Allowing extensions to find out the OIDs of their member objects

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allowing extensions to find out the OIDs of their member objects
Date: 2019-01-22 02:26:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/21/19 18:52, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm probably going to push forward with the OID mapping idea instead.

As it happens, I'd been recently thinking[1] about a way that certain
SQL/XML functionality could be provided by a pluggable selection of
different extensions.

And I think a use case like that could be rather elegantly served by
the OID mapping idea, more so than by a fixed-OID-range-per-extension
approach.

So +1.

-Chap

[1]