Re: Moving DB data disk to a different machine

From: "Eliot, Christopher" <christopher(dot)eliot(at)nagrastar(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moving DB data disk to a different machine
Date: 2008-09-15 21:16:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes, in fact I installed postgreSQL, renamed the newly-created "data"
directory, and then copied over the old data directory.
When that didn't work I renamed my new data directory off to another
name and restored the data directory that was created as part of the
installation, and was able to successfully bring up the server.

I'll look in to the pg_controldata thing you suggested.

Topher Eliot
christopher(dot)eliot(at)nagrastar(dot)com
[]