Re: Ways to deal with large amount of columns;

From: Robert Zenz <robert(dot)zenz(at)sibvisions(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ways to deal with large amount of columns;
Date: 2018-08-30 13:15:07
Lists: pgsql-general

As David said, you'd be better off having a table that looks like this (in terms
of columns):

* MONTH
* AGENT
* CASHFLOW

So your query to get the sum of a single agent would be looking like:

select
sum(CHASFLOW)
where
AGENT = 'Agent'
and MONTH between values;

It might be a little more work to create a GUI for that (or map this model to
the existing GUI) but it is much simpler to maintain and work with.