Re: Patch to add a socketTimeout property.

From: Art Gramlich <art(dot)gramlich(at)healthtrio(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Toru SHIMOGAKI <shimogaki(dot)toru(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to add a socketTimeout property.
Date: 2008-04-10 21:59:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

They do. We usually have different connection pools for normal (short
running) and long queries. Since almost all are short running, this
has worked well for us. I actually haven't tried setting keepalive in
this situation. so I can't say much, but the vpn solutions we have
used have at times gotten into some pretty wierd states and sotimeouts
could stop our pools from going crazy.

Art Gramlich
Chief Application Architect
HealthTrio, LLC