Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw with partition wise join enabled.

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw with partition wise join enabled.
Date: 2018-06-19 12:46:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2018/06/15 20:56), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Actually, I've
> created a patch implementing that proposal.

> But I think that patch needs more work, so I'm
> planning to post it next week.

Here is a patch for that.

* As I said upthread, the patch makes code much more simple; I removed
all the changes to setrefs.c added by the partitionwise-join patch. I
also simplified the logic for building a tlist for a child-join rel.
The original PWJ computes attr_needed data even for child rels, and
build the tlist for a child-join by passing to build_joinrel_tlist that
data for input child rels for the child-join. But I think that's
redundant, and it's more straightforward to apply adjust_appendrel_attrs
to the parent-join's tlist to get the child-join's tlist. So, I changed
that way, which made unnecessary all the changes to build_joinrel_tlist
and placeholder.c added by the PWJ patch, so I removed those as well.

* The patch contains all of the regression tests in the original patch
proposed by Ashutosh.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
redesign-pwj-child-tlist-handling-1.patch text/x-diff 41.2 KB