|From:||Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>|
|To:||Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>|
|Subject:||Re: non-bulk inserts and tuple routing|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
(2018/02/05 19:43), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> (2018/02/05 14:34), Amit Langote wrote:
>> The code in tupconv_map_for_subplan() currently assumes that it can rely
>> on all leaf partitions having been initialized.
On reflection I noticed this analysis is not 100% correct; I think what
that function actually assumes is that all sublplans' partitions have
already been initialized, not all leaf partitions.
>> Since we're breaking that
>> assumption with this proposal, that needed to be changed. So the patch
>> contained some refactoring to make it not rely on that assumption.
I don't think we really need this refactoring because since that as in
another patch you posted, we could initialize all subplans' partitions
in ExecSetupPartitionTupleRouting, I think tupconv_map_for_subplan could
be called without any changes to that function because of what I said above.
>> Here is the updated version that contains two patches as described above.
> Thanks for updating the patches! I'll post my next comments in a few days.
Here are comments for the other patch (patch
o On changes to ExecSetupPartitionTupleRouting:
* The comment below wouldn't be correct; no ExecInitResultRelInfo in the
- proute->partitions = (ResultRelInfo **) palloc(proute->num_partitions *
- sizeof(ResultRelInfo *));
+ * Actual ResultRelInfo's and TupleConversionMap's are allocated in
+ * ExecInitResultRelInfo().
+ proute->partitions = (ResultRelInfo **) palloc0(proute->num_partitions *
* The patch removes this from the initialization step for a subplan's
partition, but I think it would be better to keep this here because I
think it's a good thing to put the initialization stuff together into
- * This is required in order to we convert the partition's
- * tuple to be compatible with the root partitioned table's
- * tuple descriptor. When generating the per-subplan result
- * rels, this was not set.
- leaf_part_rri->ri_PartitionRoot = rel;
* I think it would be better to keep this comment here.
- /* Remember the subplan offset for this ResultRelInfo */
* Why is this removed from that initialization?
- proute->partitions[i] = leaf_part_rri;
o On changes to ExecInitPartitionInfo:
* I don't understand the step starting from this, but I'm wondering if
that step can be removed by keeping the above setup of
proute->partitions for the subplan's partition in
+ * If we are doing tuple routing for update, try to reuse the
+ * per-subplan resultrel for this partition that ExecInitModifyTable()
+ * might already have created.
+ if (mtstate && mtstate->operation == CMD_UPDATE)
That's all I have for now.
|Next Message||Etsuro Fujita||2018-02-07 10:38:02||Re: Incorrect grammar|
|Previous Message||amul sul||2018-02-07 10:12:27||Re: In logical replication concurrent update of partition key creates a duplicate record on standby.|