Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL

From: John Gage <jsmgage(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: Yang Zhang <yanghatespam(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL
Date: 2010-02-23 09:22:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I am under the impression that MySQL does not have anything resembling
Postgres' support for regular expressions. Though some might think
that regular expressions are a sort of poor man's SQL, in any
application which manages large amounts of text they are crucial.
Postgres definitely does not suck.

Is this the authoratative webpage for "Snowball" (which I never
realized was a play on "Snobol")?

http://snowball.tartarus.org/

Thanks,

John