[Critical] Question about PostgreSQL installation.

From: 이재훈 <dlwogns421(at)naver(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [Critical] Question about PostgreSQL installation.
Date: 2017-04-04 01:37:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi.
I have a question about installation PostgreSQL.
I installed PostgreSQL on rhel 6.8 using postgresql-9.5.5-1-linux-x64.run file.

At stepup wizard, I configured this way.
-. Installation Directory [/opt/PostgreSQL/9.5] : /PostgreSQL/9.5
-. Data Directory [/PostgreSQL/9.5/data] : /data/postgre_data (I have to separate data directory.)
-. Password : 1004
-. Retype password : 1004
-. Port [5432] : Enter
-. Please choose an option [1] : Enter
-. Do you want to continue [Y/n] : Y

But, this error has occurred and installation failed.
Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
The database cluster initialisation failed.

I have looked up this error and found that it is a common error to postgresql install on windows.
But, my os is Linux(Rhel 6.8).

If you know how to solve this problem, please send me a reply.

Yours sincerely, Jaehun Lee.