Patch status for reducing de-TOAST overhead?

From: "Mark Cave-Ayland" <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)siriusit(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch status for reducing de-TOAST overhead?
Date: 2008-10-20 19:12:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi everyone,

I'm just following up on the patch created here by Tom to aid with
repeated de-TOASTing attempts:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-06/msg01096.php

Given the performance report from Jeff
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-08/msg01178.php), is
there still scope for getting something like this in 8.4 - or this patch
still far shy of anything ready for a commit fest? I have a feeling that
working on this is something currently beyond my own capability :(

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland