Functions and Triggers

From: "Hunter, Ray" <rhunter(at)enterasys(dot)com>
To: "'Postres-sql' (E-mail)" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Functions and Triggers
Date: 2001-06-20 16:45:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is there anyone that can point me into the right direction for creating a
function and trigger that will do something along these lines:

I have a table that has router card types and a status on them:

TEST_RECORD
CARD STATUS
1. er16-04 0
2. er16-04 er16-08 1
3. ssr8000 ssr8600 0
4. er16-04 1
5. er16-04 ssr8600 0
6. er-16-04 1

I need a trigger with a function that will check the card type and status
and from there determine the over all status of the test in the test_table.
Each tuple represents one test on a specific card(s) and the status is pass
or fail.

Here the overall status that would be updated in the test_table status be
fail, because of the ssr8600 on line 5.

I appreciate any suggestions and/or comments.

RAY HUNTER
Automated Test Group
Software Support Engineer

ENTERASYS NETWORKS