Re: A good client

From: Steve V <dndlists(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wim Bertels <wim(dot)bertels(at)khleuven(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A good client
Date: 2005-10-18 21:10:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/18/05, Wim Bertels <wim(dot)bertels(at)khleuven(dot)be> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> i've been using postgresql quiet some time now,
> but i don't find any really good clients for "dummies" to this database.
> When i look at pgadmin:
> an anoying feature: it closes when u do something illegal, instead of
> saying: u don't have the rights to do this.
> When i look at phpgpadmin (phpmyadmin is much better from a usability
> point of view),
> why wasn't this layout/structure followed, or at least a better one.
>
> To me the best client is: psql ,
> but i makes it kind of difficult to convince the "dummies" from using
> access and/or mysql
>
> suggestions to good clients?
>
> tnx,

By far the best I have used is the PostgreSQL Manager by EMS
http://www.sqlmanager.net . The Lite version is free, the Pro version is a
bit for a commercial license. I do more than fine with the Lite version for
Windows. There's a Linux version as well, but I haven't used that. The
developers are also very responsive to any problems you may have.