Re: Add psql command to list constraints

From: Tatsuro Yamada <tatsuro(dot)yamada(dot)tf(at)nttcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add psql command to list constraints
Date: 2021-11-16 04:11:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi David,

Thanks for your comments.

> Okay, but you agree that there are DBAs and users who want to see the
> list of constraints, I think.
>

> My opinion is this doesn't exist because there isn't any demand for it.

I don't know if this is a good example, but if you look at StackOverflow,
it seems that people who want to see a list of constraints appear regularly.
(The other day, I also wanted to see the list, and I arrived at this site)
Therefore, the only thing that hasn't been implemented so far is that no one
could communicate the request to -hackers, and I think there is demand.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62987794/how-to-list-all-constraints-of-a-table-in-postgresql

Regards,
Tatsuro Yamada