Windows XP Install Problem

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows XP Install Problem
Date: 2007-07-09 18:55:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi all,

i'm trying to install pgsql 8.2.4-1 on my windows xp pro system at work.

i get the following error in an "Account Error" titled dialogue box when i try and submit the Service Configuration (service name, account name, acct domain, acct pwd):

"Invalid username specified: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password"

my account name is "postgres". i have a non admin user named postgres.

does anyone have any idea how i can troubleshoot this problem?

tia...

http://farechase.yahoo.com/