Re: Logical Replication WIP

From: Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logical Replication WIP
Date: 2016-12-19 14:39:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/18/2016 09:04 PM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> On 18/12/16 19:02, Steve Singer wrote:
>
>> pg_dump is also generating warnings
>>
>> pg_dump: [archiver] WARNING: don't know how to set owner for object type
>> SUBSCRIPTION
>>
>> I know that the plan is to add proper ACL's for publications and
>> subscriptions later. I don't know if we want to leave the warning in
>> until then or do something about it.
>>
> No, ACLs are separate from owner. This is thinko on my side. I was
> thinking we can live without ALTER ... OWNER TO for now, but we actually
> need it for pg_dump and for REASSIGN OWNED. So now I added the OWNER TO
> for both PUBLICATION and SUBSCRIPTION.

When I try to restore my pg_dump with publications I get

./pg_dump -h localhost --port 5440 test |./psql -h localhost --port
5440 test2

ALTER TABLE
CREATE PUBLICATION
ERROR: unexpected command tag "PUBLICATION

This comes from a
ALTER PUBLICATION mypub OWNER TO ssinger;

Does the OWNER TO clause need to be added to AlterPublicationStmt:
instead of AlterOwnerStmt ?
Also we should update the tab-complete for ALTER PUBLICATION to show the
OWNER to options + the \h help in psql and the reference SGML