Re: Archlinux, ossp-uuid

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: ******* ****** <nizhikov(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Archlinux, ossp-uuid
Date: 2010-12-27 21:29:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> ******* ******<nizhikov(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> 2010/12/27 Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
>>> Did you configure --with_ossp_uuid? Did you get any errors or
>>> warnings when you ran ./configure?

>> yes. I configure with this flag.
>> Configure ends successfull.

> Oh, by the way, my copy/paste of the switch (from the Makefile) used
> underscores; on the ./configure line you'd need to use dashes:
> --with-ossp-uuid

I think if you spell it with underscores, configure will ignore it as an
unrecognized switch. There is a warning that comes out about that, but
only a warning. Possibly that's why the reconfiguration appeared
successful but nothing useful happened.

As far as the underlying problem is concerned, my bet is on one of two
cases

(1) OP forgot to install -devel or -dev subpackage

(2) OP does not in fact have OSSP's uuid installed, but some other
library calling itself uuid; there is a reasonably popular one from
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng for instance.