shameless behavior of EDB ...

From: PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Kulovits <kulovits(at)emarsys(dot)com>
Subject: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date: 2011-05-12 07:20:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

folks,

i just wanted to inform everybody who is involved in the PostgreSQL project and who is doing advocacy or other professional work in this area that EDB is shamelessly copying reference lists from our website:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/customer-success/where-its-hot-and-where-its-not?elq=f0dc4e2aae564641b1bb30d33ff42325

if you zoom into vienna you will see the following:
according to my information denimbox went bust before EDB came into existence.
i talked to the CTO of emarsys this morning (close friend of mine) and he swore that they are using no EDB in their houses.

the same applies to basically everybody on our reference list.
they even copied a typo i made accidentally.

what is especially funny: "ehrlich rogner-schlögel" used to be my lawyer for many years (i made the network there - not even postgres).

given those facts i ask you to check your lists to see if something similar happened.
and; make your own judgement if things like that are good or bad for the project.

best regards,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH