Re: DB dump problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Gallamine" <iam(at)gallamine(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB dump problems
Date: 2002-11-28 03:57:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Gallamine" <iam(at)gallamine(dot)com> writes:
> You are now connected to database gorobotics2.
> CREATE
> ": can't parse "ne 1, pg_atoi: error in "0
> lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

> There isn't anything in my dump that says "ne 1, pg_atoi ..."

This looks a lot like a newline problem. COPY only likes Unix-style
newlines (\n, a/k/a LF). You've got DOS-style newlines (\r\n, a/k/a
CR/LF) or possibly Mac-style newlines (\r, a/k/a CR) in your data file.
This can be blamed on whatever method you used to transfer the dump
file from old machine to new. Try again, and try transferring the dump
as binary data not text.