Re: QT3 Designer Pgadmin III and PgAccess Cannot connect to PostgreSQL 7.4 database

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: NetSuporte <netsuporte(at)superig(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: QT3 Designer Pgadmin III and PgAccess Cannot connect to PostgreSQL 7.4 database
Date: 2005-03-08 07:04:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mar 7, 2005, at 8:59 PM, NetSuporte wrote:

> I am using PostgreSQL 7.4 on a Linux machine, I have built a small DB
> and PqAdmin III and PgAccess both fail when I try to connect, the same
> error happens when trying to connect with QT3 I get the error "missing
> or erroneous pg-hba.conf file"

It seems you need to listen to the error and look at the pg-hpa.conf
file. It should be in the directory with your database. It has detailed
notes and examples in the comments. If you want to trust all localhost
connections, maybe something like this (from the pg-hba.conf examples):

local all all
trust
# IPv4-style local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255
trust

If that does not work, post the relevant part of your pg-hba.conf file.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL