Re: Time to drop plpython2?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgbf(at)twiska(dot)com, heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)iki(dot)fi
Subject: Re: Time to drop plpython2?
Date: 2022-02-21 20:28:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark Wong <markwkm(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:22:29AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Unfortunately it looks like it wasn't quite enough. All, or nearly all, your
>> animals that ran since still seem to be failing in the same spot...

> Oops, made another pass for python3 dev libraries.

You might need to do one more thing, which is manually blow away the cache
files under $BUILDFARM/accache. For example, on demoiselle everything
looks fine in HEAD, but the back branches are failing like this:

checking for python... (cached) /usr/bin/python
./configure: line 10334: /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory
configure: using python
./configure: line 10342: test: : integer expression expected
checking for Python sysconfig module... no
configure: error: sysconfig module not found

Very recent versions of the buildfarm script will discard accache
automatically after a configure or make failure, but I think the
REL_11 you're running here doesn't have that defense. It'll only
flush accache after a change in the configure script in git.